About The Royal Sydney Golf Club
The Royal Sydney Golf Club, founded in 1893, is one of Australia’s most prominent social and sporting institutions. Our staff are professional, engaged and recognised for their skill and talent. We all work together to progress the Club and to uphold its traditions; we aim for excellence, to lead and support each other, and to enjoy the experience.
Reporting to the Membership Manager your primary purpose will be to assist the Membership Manager with the daily operations and tasks of the department as well as projects and strategic plans when required. A successful candidate will be able to interact in a highly personable and professional manner with members and internal departments whilst at all times demonstrating our core values.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Assisting with the processing, review and registration of new membership nominations ensuring compliance with relevant nomination guidelines.
- Assisting with annual new member intake including administration, collation and preparation of files for relevant Sub-Committees.
- Assisting with changes to membership statuses, including category changes, renewals, resignations and member passings.
- Collecting data, tracking membership statistics and preparing reports as required.
- Providing administrative support through organising meetings, preparing agendas, writing minutes and reports as required.
- Answering phone calls and emails directed to the Membership team and assisting members with their enquiries.
- Assisting with general member communication activities.
- Managing Letter of Introduction requests to Reciprocal clubs.
- Collaborating with various departments on projects as required.
- Assisting in facilitating compliance with membership management policies and processes.
- Maintaining an accurate and up to date membership database.
- Organising events and activities for existing and prospective members.
- Developing standard operating procedures, identifying opportunities for process improvements, creating templates and managing electronic filing.
What does the Club need from me?
- 2- 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a strong customer service focus.
- Excellent computer literacy including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team and effectively prioritise work and manage time in an environment with competing deadlines.
- Well-developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to interpret large data sets and work confidently with both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Knowledge of hospitality industry or membership style environment.
- Outstanding communication skills with a talent for building strong relationships between members and the Club.
- Knowledge of VM and Diligent is well regarded.
Come and work with us!
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, learning and development opportunities and generous staff benefits including limited access to our world class sporting facilities, staff social events, 20% discount on our cellar door and retail sports outlet and a staff Health and Wellbeing Program (including an Employee Assistance Program for you and a family member).
We are seeking above all the right cultural fit; someone who is passionate about building a strong and positive community around them, facilitating a culture where people are respectful and responsible for the part in which they play. Our people make the difference in our workplace and we are proud to be certified as a 2022 Great Place to WorkÂ®.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Georgina Simpson on (02) 8362 7000, quoting Ref No. 1050029.