About The Royal Sydney Golf Club
The Royal Sydney Golf Club, founded in 1893, is one of Australia’s most prominent social and sporting institutions. The kitchen team are professional, engaged and recognised for their skill and talent. We all work together to progress the Club and to uphold its traditions; we aim for excellence, to lead and support each other, and to enjoy the experience. Our vision and philosophy for our food and beverage outlets is to offer exceptional and qualitative service, coupled with exquisite dining. We have a 100 seat Restaurant (last orders taken at 9.30pm) and function outlets which offer a unique modern dining experience for members and guests.
Reporting to the Executive Chef your primary purpose will be to be a "hands-on" supervisor who will lead the team by example. The Chef Tournant will be an integral part of the culinary team preparing and presenting modern on point dishes, directly responsible for one or more outlets or production areas in the following categories: production, premium dining restaurant or a function outlet. The Chef Tournant should expect to be rotated into different areas with or without advance notice to meet the needs of the business. The Chef Tournant rotations are on discretion of the Executive Chef.
You will also contribute to the creation of regularly changing menu items. As a senior member of the team, you will be expected to motivate the team to deliver consistent standards of food preparation and presentation of meals.
To be successful in this role, you will lead by example in delivering exceptional results in a quality focused environment. We are seeking above all the right cultural fit; someone who is passionate about building a strong and positive community around them facilitating a culture where people are respectful and responsible for the part in which they play.
Our people make the difference in our workplace and we are proud to be certified as a 2022 Great Place to WorkÂ®.
What does the Club need from me?
- 4-5 years’ experience working in a modern high end dining/hotel restaurant environment.
- Relevant formal commercial cookery qualifications with 1-2 years demonstrated leadership experience, staff development and performance management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Modern Australian and International Cuisine, including cooking philosophies and principles.
- Ability to deliver team priorities through time management and task prioritisation.
- Passionate about motivating and developing the team.
- Hygiene, stock rotation, inventory control, staff training and development as well as liaising with suppliers.
- Ability to stay composed and effective in high pressured situations
- Food Safety Certification or a comprehensive knowledge of food safety standards.
- Unrestricted rights to work in Australia and full COVID Vaccination.
- Working weekends and evenings is a requirement in this role, as part of a rotating roster.
Come and join our team!
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with skills and experience. We offer excellent training and development opportunities and generous staff benefits including additional Special Recreation Leave days, daily staff meals, access to our world class sporting facilities, staff social events, 20% discount on our cellar door and retail sports outlet and a staff Health and Wellbeing Program including an Employee Assistance Program.
If you believe you are ready to take this next step in your career, please submit your CV and a cover letter, addressing the key requirements of the role.