The Royal Sydney Golf Club, founded in 1893, is a private members club and one of Australia’s most prominent social and sporting institutions. The Club is an exceptional work environment that values hard work, talent, a positive attitude and respect for traditions. The team are passionate about providing a premier experience for Club Members and their guests. We have a great opportunity for a full-time Events Coordinator to join our team.
About the Role
If you are looking for an opportunity where you can be a part of an experienced, passionate and close-knit team and enhance your skills in events and hospitality, this role is for you! As the Wedding & Events Coordinator you will predominantly be responsible for supporting the Senior Events Manager to coordinate Private and Club events at The Royal Sydney Golf Club.
Flexibility for this role is essential as weekend and evening work will be required.
What will I be doing?
- Assist the Senior Events Manager in selling, booking and coordinating Club, Private Events and Weddings
- Prepare event orders in conjunction with the Member and Senior Events Manager
- Fully coordinate from inception to billing a personal portfolio of events
- Conduct member (and guest) site visits with a strong emphasis on wedding enquires
- Negotiate with and book suppliers/vendors (AV, decorations, musicians, furniture hire etc)
- Design floorplans in the lead up to events
- Carefully supervise event preparation activities (e.g. work with internal stakeholders to ensure event details are as requested)
- Prepare event attendance lists and allocate seating plans
- Assist the Senior Events Manager in all aspects of developing themed Club events
- Provide a safe and welcoming environment for members and their guests whilst maintaining the highest levels of service
- Assist relevant departments with their event requirements
- Support the Events Team to achieve business objectives
- Ensure consistency in communication and delivery of information to members and colleagues
- Resolve problems in a timely manner
- Provide suggestions for continuous improvement and/or more efficient ways of working
- Attend meetings (taking minutes) and other ad hoc meetings as required
- Maintain proficiency in Guest Centrix C&B (Event Booking Program), Virtual Manager (Membership Database), Point of Sale System and other systems/programs as required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in event coordination in particular in the Wedding sector
- Excellent client relationship management
- Excellent attention to detail and personal presentation
- The ability to work under pressure, priortise and meet critical deadlines whilst handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- A strong ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to develop a rapport and working relationships with members and staff
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Knowledge of Visio and event software (designing Event Orders) is an advantage
What’s in it for me:
- Staff wellbeing program which includes free exercise classes for staff in our state-of-the-art fitness facilities and access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Delicious daily staff meals
- 20% discount on purchases (wine, sporting goods etc.)
- Uniforms provided plus uniform allowance
- 15% discount on TFE hotel or apartment bookings across Australia, New Zealand and Europe. TFE brands include but are not limited to Adina, Vibe and Travelodge
- All day free on street parking
Please include a cover letter together with your resume upon application.
Royal Sydney provides a supportive workplace that values hard work, talent, enthusiasm and respect for traditions. Our people make the difference in our workplace and we are proud to be certified as a 2022 Great Place to WorkÂ®. If you ready for your next career move, we can't wait to hear from you!
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Georgina Simpson on (02) 8362 7000, quoting Ref No. 1055220.