About The Royal Sydney Golf Club
The Royal Sydney Golf Club, founded in 1893, is one of Australia’s most prominent social and sporting institutions. Our staff are professional, engaged and recognised for their skill and talent. We all work together to progress the Club and to uphold its traditions; we aim for excellence, to lead and support each other, and to enjoy the experience.
Reporting to the Head Pastry Chef your primary purpose is to be hands on in the kitchen and work with a small team of highly motivated and professional pastry chefs. You will have the opportunity to work in a creative environment where all produce is made in-house and your input will be highly valued. The role will involve early morning starts working during the week and on a weekend. The key tasks include:
- Day to day set up and running of a section within the pastry kitchen
- Provide creative input into the preparation of desserts, pastries, chocolate work for all our outlets (restaurant, fitness centre cafe, snack bar), member takeaways and functions/events
What does the Club need from me?
- Minimum of 3 years experience within a hotel (5 star desirable) or high calibre patisseries
- A creative flair coupled with extensive produce knowledge and a passion for the quality and consistency of the food produced
- A passion for desserts and presentation
- Great knowledge of food and hygiene practices
- Up to date knowledge of current food trends
- Ability to work in a busy environment
- Excellent communication skills and a professional attitude
- Well presented at all times
- Display motivation, energy and drive
- Full unlimited working rights
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive salary and access to staff fund (bonus)
- Access to training and development
- Free daily staff meals
- Uniform supplied plus uniform allowance
- Access to sporting facilities
- 20% discount on wine and sporting goods
- 15% discount on TFE hotel or apartment bookings across Australia, New Zealand and Europe. TFE brands include but are not limited to Adina, Vibe and Travelodge
- All day free on street parking
- Staff wellbeing program which includes free exercise classes for staff in our state-of-the-art fitness facilities, free counselling and mental fitness training sessions.
Our people make the difference in our workplace and we are proud to be certified as a 2022 Great Place to WorkÂ®. If you ready for your next career move, we can't wait to hear from you!
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kelly Garland on (02) 8362 7000, quoting Ref No. 1050754.